The Whitby/Brewer Sailboat Association (WBSA) is excited about the development of two online features for the WBSA website, an Online Membership Directory and a Boat History Project. We need your assistance to keep these projects for the WBSA up-to-date.
WHAT? -- Two Web Features
1) Online Membership Directory
- This online directory replaced our previous "yellow book" which was only available in a hard copy printed version and last updated in 2010.
- The online directory includes contact and boat information for all current and former Whitby-Brewer owners who choose to share their information.
- To keep your information secure, the directory will be accessible only to current and former WB boat owners who are logged into the WBSA site. We will never share your personal information with any third party.
- Only those members who have given the WBSA explicit permission will be included in the online directory. The WBSA web site has a question in the member profile asking each member of they would like to be in the online membership directory. See below for details about how to update your info.
- The online directory will be instantly updated whenever someone makes changes in their profile.
- A printable version of the directory will be available as a PDF file so you can keep it electronically or on paper as a handy reference without the need of internet access.
2) Whitby Brewer Boat History Project
- This project's goal is to collect boat and owner information for every Whitby and Brewer hull number that was manufactured. Ideally, every hull number will have manufacturing information (model, year, location), a history of current and past owners and boat names, and the status of each boat (to show which boats are still being used or which have been lost and are no longer a part of the fleet.)
- As part of the process of gathering information, we need every WBSA member to update their online profile which has fields to collect more detailed information on the boats and owners. See below for details about how to update your info.
- The Boat History Project is shared with WBSA members.
- In order to respect privacy, the Boat History Project will only share the type of information that is already found in public records, e.g. boat manufacturing information (model, year, location), current and past owners with boat names and hailing ports, and the status of each boat in the fleet. Personal contact information is not included in this publication, but the WBSA Online Membership Directory will share that type of info.
WHO? -- All Past and Current WB Owners
Whether you are a current Whitby or Brewer sailboat owner or you sold your boat many years ago, please make a short visit to the WBSA website to update your online profile. The new information fields will allow you to opt into the online directory and also to provide several new items about your boat to help with the Boat History Project.
WHERE? -- Update Your Online Profile
- Login to your account
- Under the User Menu, click on "My Profile"
- Click on "Edit"
- Click on "Update Your Profile"
- Select each of the tabs to update Contact Info, Partner/Crew Information, Boat Information, etc.
- After you have finished updating your information, click on "Update" to save your changes
HOW? -- Give Us All the Details
Please be sure to click on each of the tabs in the profile and include as much detail for you and your boat as you can. A few highlights of the new information that we need:
- At the bottom of the "Contact Info" tab, be sure to check "yes" or "no" to the question asking if we can share your information in the Online Membership Directory.
- In the "Partner/Crew Information" tab, add your spouse or partner's contact information.
- In the "Boat Information" tab, all of this information will be helpful for the Boat History Project so please be thorough and include your hull number, the years that you purchased or sold your boat, and your hailing port.
Feel free to contact the membership coordinator if you have any questions. Thanks for your help!
Cindy Ann Bowers
WBSA Membership Coordinator