Perkins 4.108 Parts

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #3193 by Jim phillips
Perkins 4.108 Parts was created by Jim phillips
Captains!
Everything was ready for the voyage and the engine went very south. Then if you can believe it, back at home and not on our Whitby!!! my wife fell and broke her foot in 6 places and broke her back.
So I am scrambling to put another diesel in the place of the Ford 192 ( ours is not a Ford Lehman). A guy got me a Perkins 4.108 rebuildable head and block and a mechanic friend is going to help me long block it!
But I need parts if anyone knows of any free or for sale, with our new med bills I have to go as cheap as possible. Injectors, all of the cooling parts, injector pump and heat exchanger, panel and harness etc. rebuild manual I gotta find and I am on a hunt.

What I have
A good block with head and valve cover, starter, impeller water pump, circulation pump, its a start and we are going to make the best of a hard situation. Could not find a 80hp low cost Lehman to rebuild so the Perkins is our hope and it was nice that the guy practically gave it to us.

Crossing my fingers that the transmission on the 192 will work on the Perkins. But so many people have helped us and this is just life and it was a accident a simple slip and fall.

Thanks to all!
Jim and Lisa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #3195 by Gino & Carolyn Del Guercio
Replied by Gino & Carolyn Del Guercio on topic Perkins 4.108 Parts
No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configurationJim,
Sorry to hear your bad luck. I’m getting ready to replace my Perkins 4.236 and have it for sale on eBay including transmission. I own a Brewer 44, which is the same basic hull as the Whitby with a sugar scoop so it should fit perfectly (but check this). The engine still runs great, doesn’t burn oil and I’ve had an oil analysis and it passes with flying colors (I can send you this if you like). I recently replaced the exhaust manifold, heat exchanger, water pump and starter. The engine has 6,000 hours on it and will need an overhaul soon. I’m replacing it because we’re doing some serious offshore sailing and I want something lighter, quieter and more fuel efficient. Here is a link to my eBay page.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #3196 by Gino & Carolyn Del Guercio
No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configurationHere is the link

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #3197 by Gino & Carolyn Del Guercio
Not sure why I can’t get the eBay link to work. Just search eBay for Perkins 4.236 marine diesel engine and you’ll find it. The Brewers came with the standard 4.108 or the upgrade to the more powerful 4.236.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #3200 by Jim phillips
Replied by Jim phillips on topic Perkins 4.108 Parts
Thanks guys, the actual salesman that sold our engine said the Ford Industrial 192, marinized by OSCO is smaller than a 80hp Lehman and suggested we buy a 4.108 or a Westerbeke due to the smaller size and the Northern Lights genset on board. I got the long block 4.108 for under $300 and will try that path. Thank you for the heads up.
Anyone buy a 4108-A Bowman heat exchanger for their Perkins?

Thanks all,
Jim

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds